22 July 2006

raindrop

This photograph was captured in Juneau, Alaska last summer.



The days there during the summer are different…it is light there all day. The sun plays this childlike game with the horizon as it pretends like it is going to rest for the night…only to run again to the top of the sky. This particular day it was rainy…and cold.

I remember I was peopled out…do you ever get like that? It had been a long time since I had been alone and so I went for a walk. I had my camera under my rain jacket so that it wouldn’t get wet.

I remember I was pretending that I was Peter from Chronicles of Narnia and I was on this quest to find Aslan. I never did find him that day.

The rain there was funny…just as fast as it would start…it would stop. It reminded me of the weather in the movie Back To The Future…remember when Doc had the weather timed to his wristwatch.

I was on my way back to camp, after I had been exploring for some time. I found myself walking through a field with these plants that were dark green in color and they were all over the place. I took a brake from walking (I have to take lots of breaks when I walk...maybe it's a mixture of cigars and pipes) and it just so happened I was in the middle of this field. While I was looking around I noticed that there was water in these plants. I guess I should say on these plants. It was strange because the water wasn’t falling out of the plants…rather it was resting right in the center. It didn’t make sense. I mean you could see the openings through the water and yet it didn’t fall through.

Because of the height of the plants I had to get on my knees to take this picture. One thing I have noticed while taking pictues is that sometimes all you have to do to change a photograph from an alright photo to a beautiful photo is just look at it from different viewpoints...in this case it was different heights. The closer I got to this plant the more beautiful it became...not because the plant changed, but rather I changed.

So thats how beauty was found in this photo...it was found in change...

heart.soul.mind.
kyle diroberts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home